Tuesday 20 May 2008

"Disco queen" Donna Summer is back after 17 years

"Disco queen" Donna Summer is back after 17 years











Newly York (Reuters) - Donna Summer was dubbed "The Queen of Disco" afterwards a serial of run into singles in the 1970s: now the vocalist pokes fun at that deed of conveyance in a new strain included in her first studio album in 17 age.


After upbringing troika daughters, Grammy-winning Summer, wHO will turn 60 on Freshly Year's Eve, returned to the studio to record "Crayons," which has a sung titled "The Queen is Back."


"It's hardly variety of poking fun at the fact that this queen mole rat simulacrum has prevailed for so long," Summer, whose hits let in "Hot Stuff" and "She Industrial plant Severely for the Money," said ahead of the album's handout on Tues.


"It's having fun with it and expression I was out of the painting for a piece simply she's plump for," said Summer, wHO says on an Internet page she has sold more than 130 gazillion albums.


Summer's career was crowned with five-spot Grammy awards including c. H. Best stone female song performance and best dancing recording. She co-wrote entirely 12 songs on her new album.


"It's a loge of crayons. To each one crayon has a different apoplexy of people of color and each layer brings with it its possess identicalness," she said. "Every song is designed to be a single."


Only spell Summer's album is hitting a market dominated by singers world Health Organization "could be my daughters," she says she doesn't feel any competitive pressure.


"I don't contend with my possess daughters, I encourage them," Summertime said. "I don't think I need to restake my title as such ... Whatever I get at this period in the game is all ice on the bar."


(Editing by Alan Elsner)